- Name: Eagle’s Landing RV Park
- Dates of stay: January 7, 2018
- Location: 4504 Log Lake Road, Holt, FL 32564
- Type of campground: Private / Independent
- Cost: $28/night for large pull through FHU site
- Additional fees: $1/device for optional wifi
- Stay limit: none
- Accepts mail / packages: Yes
- Cell reception: AT&T signal adequate
- Website: http://www.eagleslandingrvpark.com/
- Pros: Large pull through FHU site, inexpensive, convenient to highway
- Cons: no frills park
This was just a one-night stand for us. We were looking for a safe, inexpensive place to pull off the highway for the night, and Eagle’s Landing fit the bill perfectly. We didn’t even put out our slides or unhook our toad, just plugged in electric.
This isn’t a destination park – there are no mini-golf courses or swimming pools. But the park has sixty 100-foot long pull-through flat gravel sites with full hook up, laundry facilities, a club house with book trading library, and two squeaky-clean restroom/shower units. There was plenty of room for our big rig to maneuver. The grounds are impeccably maintained by friendly owner couple Rob and Sue. Located only a half-mile off of I-10, this campground is a perfect easy-access stopover, or a place to stay longer to explore the area. The facilities are basic, but done well.
The campground does fill up, so call ahead to reserve your spot. They accept cash or checks only, no credit cards.
One tidbit I learned from Rob is that it costs upwards of $1000 to be listed as a Good Sam park! Since his campground is often full anyway, he doesn’t see the benefit of spending that kind of money for the privilege of giving someone a discount! I found this park using the All-Stays app, so that seems like good business sense to me.
Bottom Line: It’s a clean, quiet, well-maintained RV park with easy in/out access to the interstate. If you don’t need the frills, it’s a great budget-friendly option.